Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Painting with Pudding

This post doesn't have so much to do with reading, but I had an idea I just had to share. I would like to say that teachers are by nature, very 'creative' when it comes to re-purposing items. We have to be! It isn't a class we take in college- but, I guess maybe it should be...
Yesterday we were painting with pudding, and I had a great idea: silicone (cooking/baking) brushes make MUCH better paint brushes!! They have big handles so they are easy to manipulate for little hands, and they are soooo much easier to wash!




At first G wasn't too sure about touching the pudding...but once I put the brush out there she was MUCH more willing.
(Or just more willing to eat it!)
                                                                                                                                                  
                                                                                                                              
    
    
                                                                                                                                                    
                                                                                                                

..but then she really started to have fun!





...and really started to make a mess!




Painting with pudding is great for Toddlers. Once I put the 'pudding paint' on the paper she put her finger in it, and the finger went straight to the mouth. I realize that this means later I will have to teach her that paint is not typically to be eaten, but hopefully by then I will be able to reason with her (which is one thing I cannot do right now!)


So, try finger painting with pudding! And, use silicone brushes! They will make your life easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment