Friday, April 30, 2010

How can you make a difference?




How can you make a difference?

Rosemary Peterson is a bus driver in Florida. She challenges the students on her bus to read books, write reports, and then turn them in for prizes. 
Not only is she motivating them to read, but I am sure they are also learning a valuable lesson in how to use their time wisely. Can you imagine how enjoyable a ride to school would be with a bus full of readers?! (I know that's not what my bus rides were like!)



Be sure to watch the video [from nbc's Nightly News with Brian Williams (who is awesome, might I add!)] You've got to hear the story straight from the source.


         
The question is this: "Ms.Kookyi" is making a difference. What can YOU do?

1 comment:

  1. Beka reads on the bus everyday. I think it is her way of dealing with all the chaos that ensues. My only problem is keeping enough books around for her, but that is a good problem to have.

    ReplyDelete